Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Arctic Ice on the trail
We traveled up over a trail that would make any dirt biker drool. I thought I was going to be bouced right off the back and we almost tipped over once. No exageration. They warned us ahead of time that more than a few had tipped over and that we would get stuck. They assured us there was no maybe, but a for sure thing. We went though knee deep mud, through streams and just plain ol' rough trails and tundra. We crossed mountain ranges up 1500-2000 feet and back down. Again the views were breathtaking. God's beautiful handiwork. Something George and I will cherish and remember forever. We could somehow understand for a moment how those old miners settled there. Only for a moment though. They had to be tougher than boot leather, dirty and very smelly. No running water except for the freezing streams. They would have had to bring everything in by mule. The tundra is rather spongy and would have taken a long time traveling in those days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment